Monday, February 28, 2011

Eco Sarasota 3

On Valentines Day, i decided to make a trip to the Ringling Art Museum to get my Italian Renaissance paper about ancient sculptures done. Fernando offered to drive and we set off to the museum. And apparently the art museum is free on Mondays, on a side note. It was so nice and warm in the sculpture garden, so I took my time sketching sculptures and lounging in the sun. Then Fernando and i set off to wander through the galleries, and I don't know how well he enjoyed it.
Art museums in general, don't really excite me much, so I make up stories that are completely different from what the artist had ever intended. I find that to be great fun, and totally worth wandering the silent rooms full of paintings. Though i can't say the same for Fernando, who was carefully examining the pieces as some serious art student should. I would have to interject and ruin the serious moment with my stories. Then we walked around to the tree trails, and found someone's garden by an abandoned looking building. Oddly enough, the building had the exact same coloring and style of the buildings on the Ringling campus.
But we continued our walk around the sea wall, and up to Ca d'Zan, which is still gorgeous and blows my mind every time I see it. And then we walked up to Mable's Rose Garden. It reminded me so very much of the Disney Alice in Wonderland when Alice is in the Queen's rose garden. I really want to go back when all the roses are in bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment